This article contains the minimum required hardware and software in order to run Zoom Meetings.
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- USB-based microphones and headsets (headphones) work best
- Built-in laptop microphones may be used
- Desktop speakers should not be used (headphones are preferred), as sound can be fed back into your microphone when your microphone is not muted, causing added noise that may interfere with the session.
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in, or an HD cam or HD camcorder with a video capture card.
Supported operating systems:
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
- MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with limited functionality (Zoom version 3.6)
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
- For 1:1 video calling: 600kbps (upload/download speeds) for high quality video and 1.2 Mbps (upload/download speeds) for HD video
- For group video calling: 600kbps/1.2Mbps (upload/download speeds) for high-quality video. For gallery view: 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (upload/download speeds).
- For screen sharing only (no video thumbnail): 50-75kbps (upload/download speeds)
- For screen sharing with video thumbnail: 50-150kbps (upload/download speeds)
- For audio VoIP: 60-80kbps (upload/download speeds)
If you require further assistance or have any other questions please do not hesitate to email us on email@example.com or if you prefer speaking to us, please call us on:
UK: +44 20 3670 1791
US: +1 617 861 4750
Global: +27 21 830 9200